Living well for less in France

Living well for less in France

Saturday 25 February 2017

WHATS NEW IN PENNY PINCHING. in 2016?



If you are a seasoned penny pincher then it's really hard to find something new that really is the bees knees!

I always get excited when I see articles on saving money to just find the same old stuff being recycled! I suppose the longer you do it the less chance there is of actually finding any new little gems.


So here's a call to those folk like me.......exactly what new have you discovered in 2016 !

Mine is as follows....


WATER
We saved 40 euros on our annual water bill despite having had a drought. That was down to less toilet flushing.  You know the  saying.......if it's yellow let it mellow.....if it's brown flush it down.

TOOTHPASTE
We used half as much toothpaste than in the previous year.......and that's .nothing to do with the number of times we cleaned our teeth. We changed to buying a particular type of tube of toothpaste.

One with a smaller nozzle!

Simple as that! You reallly do only need a pea size amount of paste but with most tubes it comes out at  the speed of the TGV. SMALLER nozzles are more controllable. One tube now lasts over 2 weeks instead of 1



Most of the money saving ideas are for small amounts. What about major savings ..... often this involves investing a lot before you get anything back which is not really an option for most of us.

What I would love is.......in the future....

All roof tiles on new houses were solar panels...... a replacement scheme for older houses

Local councils/ Mairies had centres with electricity generating bicycles and we could all go along and  do our bit! Along with Recycling centres that generated power for the community thereby saving money on local taxes.

Parks planted with perennial fruit and veg.

Any other suggestions!




2 comments:

  1. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com}

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to Le_Meridian Funding Service and for the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: { lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com} Or WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete
  2. Americanexpress.com/confirmcard – American Express/ConfirmCard – Activate Your AMEX Card Login

    ReplyDelete